My name is Vitaliy Mogilevskiy
I specialize in large scale data migrations, performance tuning, and automation of database clones/restores.
I have been designing high performance applications using Oracle technology for almost 20 years and I have extensive experience with PL/SQL, Oracle RAC, ASM, RMAN, Data Guard and 3PAR SAN Storage Monitoring. I am highly skilled at finding bad queries using Oracle ASH Monitoring and tuning with
explain plan /
I’ve worked with very large databases (>35TB) and tables with 8B+ rows and thousands of partitions. I’ve also done database migrations from on-prem to Amazon Web Services (AWS RDS). I’ve been working with AWS since 2009.
Here are some of the articles I’ve written on these topics on my blog:
- Oracle ASM Diagnostics Script
- Oracle ASH Monitoring
- tkprof: When and How To Use It
- Making sense of ASH TIME_WAITED Units
- Massive Oracle Database Migration at eHarmony
- Create Oracle 10gR2 standby database using Real Time Apply
- Blue/Green ECS-optimized AMI Update For ECS Instances
- Upgrade Docker Engine to Specific Version
- GOLANG: CI using Git Post Receive Hook
Lets find out how I can help you get your project done right the first time – just book a free call with me (no obligations): calendly.com/oracle-ux/30min
I develop automation tooling in Go and have production experience with the following:
- Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch
- Java, Python, PL/SQL, GoLang
- Django, Spring
- Amazon Web Services, Docker
I work remotely in short iterations that produce measurable results. My communication style is a daily status report plus a Q/A interaction over Slack as needed.
Vitaliy Mogilevskiy December 20, 2015